Linda Miller, Owner of Imagine Yoga & Wellness Center
Linda worked in mortgage banking in her 20s, discovering how constant stress can effect mind, body and spirit. After the birth of her children, she decided to quit the fast track and began working as an Asst. Recreational Therapist in the same building that hosts Imagine Yoga & Wellness Center today.
25 years ago, Linda landed in a Tai Chi class, quite by accident, and discovered a whole new world. Discovering Yoga, She practiced for years, training old school style, with many different teachers from different branches of yoga. She delighted in researching and finding out more and more about Kundalini, Hatha, Iyengar, Ashtanga, and Kripalu style yoga, being fortunate to have mentors and teachers who grew up in ashrams, studied with some of the premier names in yoga and who believed yoga is learned through doing. After practicing everyday for years, she eventually began teaching yoga to 3-4 year olds in the Bowie Therapeutic Nursery, leading to obtaining her YogaFit certifications.
She spent ten years teaching in the CCPC Sanctuary to church members, teaching in local gyms, dance studios and even her garage! When BTN closed, the Reverend at the church invited her to use the space in the education building and she combined with a fellow church member to create Imagine. Through much hard work, and consistent loyalty, the center has thrived, with many wonderful teachers and healers sharing the space with Linda & Barry.
Linda loves to learn and create easy ways for others to improve their understanding of how to live their best lives. She created a training program for intuitives, an apprenticeship yoga teacher training program and created a remarkable program designed to help people create a path completely individualized to their goals of health.
Linda attributes all of her success to her father, who taught her how to work hard and think for herself. To her mentors, Rose Shrott, Carol Roman and James Brassard, who taught her how to believe in herself. And to her ever loving and supportive husband Barry, and her 2 wonderful kids Cory & Rhiannon, who taught her how to lighten up!
A natural empath and intuitive, Linda was led to discover her healing abilities after attending a seminar with Dr. Theodore Lichtman at CCPC. His story was similar to hers, so she went home, put her hands on her husbands chronically injured shoulder and it worked!
Intrigued, she began a 4 year study with Jan Bridger, eventually attaining the highest level of Usui Reiki Degree. She then worked with Pat Clarke & Linda Roebuck to become a certified Karuna Reiki Master Teacher.
Linda has traveled to International Reiki Retreats and studied with William Rand, founder of ICRT, Pam & Don MacMahon, creator of Heartspace, and Michael & Laurelle Gaia Baird, owner of Peace Place in Sedona, AZ.
Her thriving practice is based on her childhood need to take care of those in need. Reiki gives her the tools to serve the highest intentions of the highest good, and her biggest joy in life is teaching this gift to others.
Linda Yoga/Fitness Training
- Ilona Giosa, BioAerobics (Instructor) 1981-1983
- Susan Mahoney, Hatha & Iyengar Yoga 2001-2004
- YogaFit 2004-2012
- Maya Fiennes, Kundalini Yoga, KundaDance 2018
- Ajeet Kaur, Kundalini, Meditation 2018
- Dr. Lorin Roche & Camille Maurine, Instinctive Meditation 2021
Barry & Linda Sound Therapy Training
- Patricia Norton, Sound Immersion LLC 2012-2014
- Michael Baird, Shamanic Reiki Drumming, Lake George, NY 2013
- Jonathan Goldman, Chakra Sounds Lake George, NY 2013
- Ashana, Crystal Singing Bowls, Mantras and Voice Sedona, AZ 2017
- Yogi Mehtab, Gong Master Washington, DC (Barry) 2016
- Ajeet Kaur, Mantras, Art of Living Center Boone, NC 2018
Linda Tarot & Astrology Training
- Self Taught 1979+
- BioSpiritual Focusing, Bon Secours 2009
- Osho Zen Training Arlington, VA 2011
- Doreen Virtue Angel Cards Certification 2012
- Lisa Williams Psychic, Omega Institute, NY 2013
- David Palmer, Leo King Astrologist 2014-16
- James Van Praagh, Psychic 2017
- Dr. Seena Frost, Founder of SoulCollage 2005